This Privacy Statement sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us when you use this website. It applies to data shared online, stored in our computer system or in hard copy. The personal data, in any format, that we collect, and hold is important to us and is handled in accordance with this statement. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only collect data we need to give you a better experience; to improve and deliver our services to you; and to meet our responsibilities to you.
Gravitas Public Relations, Cheltenham Film Studios, Arle Court, Hatherley Lane, Glos. GL51 6PN. Company registration 7182600.
Gravitas is a business-to-business public relations company operating as consultants and publicists to clients primarily in the healthcare and environment sectors. Gravitas is first and foremost an authoring and content creation company, creating business news stories our clients want us to tell on their behalves, and placing these stories in print, broadcast and social media channels.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, username or job title.
- Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by us.
How we collect information
We collect data in the following ways:
- enquiries made if us
- use of the services we have available
- use our website (see our Cookies policy below)
- partners that we work with
- from public websites which publish contact information.
- from professional directories
- through our sales process during which we require client’s details to invoice them and send them the products they order.
- from subscriptions to our e-newsletters
What we do with the data we collect
- We are content creators, business networkers and publicists. We rely on having good, up-to-date data to ensure we reach the right people.
- We use the data for direct marketing purposes. We use data to also communicate news to readers. Any communications that we send clearly include an ‘unsubscribe’ option.
- We use data for the processing of sales and the delivery of products to clients.
Our lawful bases for processing your information
Our communications are ‘business to business’ and as a result we are processing data on the legal basis of ‘legitimate interest’.
We will only use your personal information where one of the following applies:
You have given us your consent, such as our sending you marketing communications or information which we think you may find interesting. You can withdraw your consent anytime either by emailing email@example.com
- It is necessary for performing a contract that we have with you
- For our own legitimate interests provided your rights do not override these interests, such as:
- Fraud prevention
- Sending suitable communications to you
- Monitoring and improving our products and services
- We need to comply with a legal obligation
Your personal information will only be used for the purpose or purposes it was collected. It will not be sold, shared, or distributed to third parties unless we have your permission or where it is necessary for one of the reasons listed above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure servers or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets only accessible by those nominated as Gravitas PR data processors.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
- Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2018. This is free but in the case of manifestly unfounded or excessive/repetitive requests we reserve the right to charge a small administration fee currently £10.00. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent using the Cookie Preferences link in the footer of our website.
Links to other websites
Notification of Changes
We keep this Statement under regular review and will update this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
Privacy Statement last reviewed