How To Be An 'Exhibitionist!
Early 2016 we ran the press office for trade show 100% Optical – if you’re interested to hear how we got on, and increased visitor numbers, take a look at our case study. From this we’ve gathered loads of insight into how exhibitors can make the most of show press offices. It’s free PR after all!
- Send your news. Press teams should be sending exhibitor updates on to your target publications in the build-up, but be sure to make it fit in with the show. Adding “XX will be showcasing this product at the show” makes it a more relevant story.
- What’s worth shouting about? Make sure something exciting and newsworthy happens on your stand – and let the press team know beforehand. This can be anything from a VIP or someone well known within your trade visiting your stand, competitions/giveaways, a charity initiative, something interactive…or anything edible always goes down a treat!
- Find interview opportunities. Before the show ask the press office if there are any interview opportunities with the relevant media. If VIPs or the CEO are happy to be interviewed the press team needs to know about it.
- Print your press releases. Take your printed press releases to the show and hand them to the press office on the first day. These will be displayed for journalists to pick up, so even if they don’t make it to your stand there’s a chance your story will be included.
- Be prepared for quotes. The press office may come running to you for a quote regarding the show on behalf of your company – have something up your sleeve. This may be used in marketing materials, or it may be shared as a snippet for press from the show – either way it’s free and easy to do!
- Made a cracking deal? Tell the press team! Let them know about your big win or that you’ve had record numbers to your stand. That’s great for the show, even better for the business and makes a cracking news story.